Friday 18 May 2012

Brian Eno multi-tracked



I haven't listened to Brian Eno in years but spotting his name near the tale of the long (long) list of proposals reminded me of a rumour I'd heard about there being some multi-tracks of 'My Life in the Bush of Ghosts' available online. A quick search and presto, Brian Eno and David Byrne have made the full multi- tracks for 'A secret life' and 'Help me somebody' available to download (officially no less) here.

What you get are the original audio files, all 24 of them (the album was recorded to 2" 24 track tape) as 24bit, 48kHz wav files (for the un-initiated this is essentially studio quality audio). Better than that though you get them in their original, un-sequenced format, exactly as they were recorded. For me this is the really enlightening aspect of getting hold of these files. It's not just about being able to hear the recorded sounds individually and appreciate them in isolation of the final mix, it also highlights just how much work went into editing and sequencing the recordings to deliver the final mixes. Well worth checking out. 

No comments:

Post a Comment